The Colin Madigan Commendation introduced in 2010, is an art class prize sponsored by Julian Ashton Art School. The commendation is awarded to the next-placed applicant for the Parker Fellowship, therefore they follow the same application process. The art school is highly regarded in the art world with great Australian artists including William Dobell, Max Dupain, John Olsen and Brett Whiteley having graduated from the School. This scholarship provides students with a term of study at the art school and encourages students to develop their own unique graphical communication style free from the straight lines of conventional drafting.
Benefits of receiving the Colin Madigan Commendation:
- Full-time term of tuition at the Julian Ashton Art School, Sydney
- Enhanced graphic communication skills
- Experience tradition and technical methods of drawing creatively
- Focused tuition in sketching, watercolour and oil painting
- Ehanced resume and portfolio
- Personal and professional development
Responsibilities of the scholar:
- Present at the annual foundation dinner
- Provide a digital portfolio of the work completed
- Join and become an active member in The Architecture Foundation
- Complete your professional degree programme at Newcastle
The application process is identical to the Parker Fellowship, as this is the commendation award, given to the second placed applicant. Applications must be made online through Prizes and Scholarships at the University of Newcastle.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED. Like our Facebook page to keep updated for next years scholarship launch.